Friday, October 7, 2011

Of course!

I was denied, of course. I don't mean for an American Express card, though I'd probably have a better chance with them. (maybe not.. creditreport.com doesn't think very highly of my credit rating) I mean with disability. Denied.
Yes, I know it happens to everyone the first time, but dang. Really?! I had a lawyer, I've gone to Mayo Clinic! They are no joke there. Those doctors don't even wear lab coats, they wear three piece suits! I will be honest.  When we are scrounging up the cash to make our mortgage payment, keep the lights on, and pay our car semi-regularly I have this voice in my head that tells me to call the disability adjuster and let him have it.  I understand that people abuse the system and they want to make sure I'm not capable of working for at least a year, but during that year, we can lose everything I DID work for and my husband still does work for.  I went to work through shingles, back pain, neck pain, rashes, brain lesions, infections, miscarriages, you name it... I should be able to keep the house I pushed through all of that to keep.
Ok, rant over. I'm pretending I don't have Lupus for awhile. Sometimes it's easier that way. I know I do have it.. it won't go away. I just want to ignore it until I absolutely have to think of it. (which is all the time..) This ignoring thing only works until the next ailment pops up.  Since I just took pain medicine, I can keep this up for about 4 more hours. Ahhhhhhh :)

1 comment:

Maddy said...

Aww Whit I am sorry! They will make you wait as long as they can stretch it! It sucks waiting it out and it sucks even worse that they just automatically deny everyone! Its not right when you have worked so hard even when you were so sick. I hope you dont have to wait too much longer and I am praying you get approved very soon!! <3